Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Program

I have always responded well to volume. It could be from my days as a swimmer but doing lots of work has always worked well for me. Granted, there are things that I need to focus on when training this way, such as recovery and nutrition, but I think that for the next 5 weeks (I'm one week in) I can handle this sort of lifting. Which is why I'm doing the Russian Squat Program. I have modified it to include 4 lifts. Squat, Bench Deadlift and Press. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After the 6-week cycle the goal is to hit 105% in all of the lifts.
I have modified the actual program further by including my Frisbee League (on Thursday nights) and olympic weightlifting (Saturday mornings, something to the effect of 3 singles of Snatch and C+J at 80-90%). I may have to drop the Saturday's towards the end to keep progress going and continue to recover properly, but again, I respond well to volume stress.

Brain Trauma to Mimic Symptoms of A.L.S.

Brain Still Developing Into 20's
Me at CT Open - 110kg Snatch - and yes, I am that pale



No comments:

Post a Comment