Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bickity Bam Mutha F@%$er

The qualifier WOD's are tough.  Really tough.  They're heavy, fast and they push hard.  Run faster, row further, lifter heavier... handstand pushupier?  Luckily, because the Power Barn has pretty awesome open gym hours I've been able to hit the qualifier WOD's as a way to see where I am as compared to others.  I'm not gonna lie, but I've been doing pretty solid, placing in the top 10, and 1st in a couple others (Europe and Australasia, so that almost doesn't count).  I guess what I'm trying to say is that, like Coach Rut says, the Max Effort Black Box method works.  I'm stronger and the short metcons have kept me in good enough shape to at least fake it.  
Unfortunately, today's WOD at the power barn was an endurance type that took me nearly 25 minutes.  True story: it was tough.  Mainly the thrusters.
The WoD
4rounds
25 Thrusters (65#)
25 Box Jumps
25 Back Extensions
25 KB Swings (45#)
25 Double Unders
For those people keeping track, that's 500 reps.  I haven't done 500 reps since my last filthy fifty and that sucked.  Note to self: maybe endurance is a good thing... nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment