Friday, April 17, 2009

Wedding

I hear wedding bells.  They're all the way in Philly and they're not mine.  Carlee and I are heading down to PA to see our friend from UVM Swimming, Allison, get married.  It should be a fun time with a lot of people that we both know so it won't be an awkward, "don't leave me alone with these people" event.  I'm happy to go, I really am, but seeing as we're (probably) the next in line to get married, it's going to be a lot of ooh's and aah's, a couple of aww's and the same question over and over again; When's the date?  I might grab a name tag at the church and just write "July 3, 2010."
Because of the wedding, however, I got to take off of work today.  Fantastic.  I also, hit up the Power Barn for a 5:15am workout.  Super Fantastic.  Larry put me through this gauntlet of a workout:
10 rounds
1 full squat snatch @185#
40 yard Farmers Walk @ 2x55#
18:45

This workout put all different stressors on my body that I haven't done in a really long time.  Heavy snatches are never fun, but they're especially bad when the grip is starting to tank.  I might not be able to shake anybody's hand tonight as my thumb is still giving me fits.  Thanks Larry.  I may have been able to move a little bit faster, but I had to bail on a couple of snatches so rest became imperative after the farmers walks.  It's workouts like this that are going to help me prepare for the qualifiers but also the mini competition on May 2nd in Milford.  

No comments:

Post a Comment