Saturday, August 22, 2009

FGB

It's been a long time since I posted the results of a workout.  But I feel that it's time to let you, my faithful readers (reader?  anyone?) that I just posted a solid 367 on Fight Gone Bad.  Certainly, you may think, that that's not a terribly great score.  Solid, certainly no disrespect, but not a score to put n the history books.  To which I will reply, "Go fuck yourself."  This score comes after strictly strength training for a year, a two week hiatus and working off of the CFFB site for just a couple of weeks.  My time modalities aren't 15 minutes of work, rather they are in 15 second range.  This is a big deal.  This implies, at least through the small test sample of one, that training for strength my be the most important inlier for metcon success.  Put it this way: if 75# seems light to you, you can do more reps.  If you are used to cleaning 275# then 75# SDHP's are a breeze.  This isn't to say that a typical intense workout in the 20 minute range all the way through 180 minutes should never be done nor does it have benefits, but I would argue that increases in strength can't hamper those abilities and should be done more frequently to gain strength and maintain metcon "awareness." 
For people who wonder what Oly-Lift Training looks like, below is a video of the Korean National Team from December 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment