Friday, August 28, 2009

Lessons

Reggie Bush must do CFFB.  That’s got to be the reason he’s the NFL Running Back with an actual Six Pack.  Since jumping on board (and temporarily off Mike’s Gym) I’ve gotten my abs back.  It certainly isn’t the quality of food (I’ve been downing Muscle Milks to make up for the lack of protein) so it must be the quality of the work done in the gym which is all because of the quality of the programming.   I’m happy with the results that I’ve been getting.  It’s been a struggle and an adjustment to actually doing real conditioning but I can’t argue that I haven’t been getting more powerful, especially in the upper body where I was proportionally weak during the Oly-lifts year. 

Another reason for my resurgence is that the quality of my warm up has increased ten-fold.   I’ve been alternating between a warm up taught to me by Neal from CFBoston that I learned at the Glassman Q&A and also Dutch’s warm up which is posted below.  Getting my muscles loose has been a great help in that I can hit the WOD’s hard immediately rather than get warmed up during the first round.  Also, working up to 315# singles of back squats during the warm up regardless of SWOD or DWOD really gets all the large muscle groups in my body fired up. 

So, the lessons learned: actually warming up is good and conditioning gives me my abs back.  Good to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment