Thursday, October 1, 2009

Plan Ahead

Sometimes the apple rolls miles away down a hill from whence it came. My parents have it. My fiancée has it. I don’t have it. “It” is the ability/desire to prep for anything. Like the Joker, “I just do.” While to some this may seem like a great lifestyle, living all nimbly bimbly, it’s not always the case. My inability to prepare, look ahead and organize my life has greatly impacted myself and those around me.

Not preparing has gotten me into trouble a couple of times, from getting a respectable credit score, paying more for flights and in school. Two of those only affect me, which I’m ok with. That happens. I am, however, not OK with how my lack of foresight impacts those that I am associated with.

Carlee has been a champ in dealing with this but I can tell that her patience is running thin. The way that I plan holidays, wait for the last possible second to do anything and have a general “things will fall into place” attitude has put an unneeded stress on our lives.

So what I’ve decided to do is to start keeping a calendar, a notebook or something that will keep me on task. This has to be something easily accessible and memorable enough to do it everyday. I’m figuring out a system. I believe that this will greatly impact my life in the positive. I’ll be able to do things beforehand thus producing something of better quality. Carlee should be most pleased.

If you’re not already, taking this approach can really beneficial to your fitness goals. Keep records and keep goals. The gym is way less of an inconvenience if there is a goal in mind. It could be a marathon, a weight lifting meet or just to be able to do 10 pull ups consecutively. The preparedness and having certain guidelines to accomplish tasks will easily make obtaining these goals more manageable.

I feel like Johan tossed me closer to that tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment