Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 20th Coming Up

Sectionals are right around the corner, next weekend, and with it should come the butterflies and nerves that I used to get before big swim meets. But not this time. I’m not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I have been really happy about my training. It has been strength oriented and I never intended for this to make me the “World’s Fittest Man” (although I’m fairly positive that this is him). If I make it Albany, that would be great. If I make it to Aromas, even cooler (not that I could afford to go) but I’m not holding my breath and not about to get swept up in ‘Trial Season.’

Training has been going well. I’ve added some conditioning just so I don’t embarrass myself in Milford on the 20th. After my reset I’m already back up to 365x5x3 which, while not easy, was relatively easier than the first time that I did it, so that’s a positive sign.

My plan is to follow closely to the CFFB schedule for this week and then next week my programming should look as follows:

Mon: SS A-Day

Tues: Heavy Met-Con (King Kong?)

Wed: Rest (and meet with the Reverend)

Thursday: Light Met-Con (something like “Helen”)

Friday: Rest, Skills, PNF

Saturday: Comp

Sunday: Comp

This ought to leave me plenty rested and ready to rock-n-roll on for the weekend. But if not, I won’t sweat it. I’m in a good place with my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment