Sunday, March 21, 2010

New England Sectionals

Not sure exactly where I finished but I know it wasn't in the top 50. Tanner crushed me (which is awesome). Mellisa did a fantastic job and I couldn't be more proud of her, even though I had absolutely no impact on her training. She's headed to Albany for Regionals and earned it. It was amazing watching her snipe people on the sand bag sprints during the final WOD.
I ended up just getting 205# for the 7RM Squat Clean. I know that I could have hit 215#, maybe 225# with a belt. I will try that one again. My buddy Brian (the Viking), with a really tore up back, crushed all the workouts and if his back wasn't causing so much havoc he probably could have gotten a solid (and event winning) 245#. Yes, he's that strong.
Despite my lack of conditioning I had a great time. There were some really great people there and despite the propensity for douchie t-shirts, all seemed to be really nice and really supportive. I hope to participate next year. Who knows if I'll have any conditioning done beforehand but I know that no matter what I'll have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment