Thursday, September 2, 2010

30-Day Plan

Lately (or for the past 25 years) my diet has been crap. This is no secret. I enjoy DQ Blizzards, I enjoy awful burgers (the Vandross) and on occasion, a donut. All of these are facts. But recently, mostly over the course of this summer, I have been enjoying these a little too much. I know how I should eat. Lean meats, lots of veggies, fruits… But that just hasn’t been happening.

So, I’ve decided to do a 30-day clean diet challenge. From 9/2 to 10/2 I will be eating much cleaner. It’s a sad day, really. This isn’t so much for a body composition transformation (although, admittedly, I should probably start wearing a B-Cup) as much as it is a project to make me feel better. I’m becoming lethargic, practically falling asleep at work. I don’t have as much motivation around the house or to do fun things with my wife.

Rules:

1. Quantity of food is immaterial, only food quality

2. Dairy is OK. I need to replace the lost calories from potato chips

3. I will have dessert during “couples night”

4. No soda, not even diet

That’s about it. Stuffing myself to the rafters with shrimp and asparagus cooked in coconut milk (quite possibly tonight’s dinner) is A-OK.

I will try to keep an accurate food journal to see how progress goes.

Testosterone Rises When Lifting Weights

Denise Minger on 'The China Study'

No comments:

Post a Comment