Saturday, September 25, 2010

Awesome Day

Today was PR day. I went 3/4. Here's a recap
Back Squat - 440# - 415 was heavy but I decided to put 425 on the bar. I hit it. Much easier than 415. I had 430 on the bar after that which would have been nice but I figured, "Hell, I've got my PR, let's go for 2x BW." And that's that.
Bench - 275# - I'll take a 10# PR without a spotter. Might have been able to get 5-10 more pounds out of it if I wasn't so worried about crushing my larynx.
DL - Fail - I failed at life on this one. Could hardly get 455 up. I decided that I'd rather save my back then try and lift something that just wasn't there. 560 will come eventually (so will 600, I hope)
Press - 185# - Another 10# PR. I started feeling a little obnoxious pressure in my trap so decided to call it quits before 195. I was kind of hoping for 200 but at this point I was gassed and was happy with my efforts.
I'd call that a successful 6-week cycle. Will I try it again? Maybe. Probably not with so many exercises at one time.
It was a good experiment on my body. I would recommend it to anybody as well so long as they have proper technique, can handle the volume and have taken their progressional gains to what they think is their max (basically, not for beginners).

1 comment:

  1. 440=Josh Everett's Back Squat PR!

    way to rep BAMF S&C!

    ReplyDelete