Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dueling Eaters

I’m still reeling from Sunday. I decided to take my eating to the limits. I entered the Blackie’s Hot Dog Eating Contest at the Cheshire Fall Festival. The challenge: AMHDAP in 10 minutes. Rules: the hotdogs were foot longs and they were covered with mustard and hot pepper relish, delicious. The other option; finish all 12 hotdogs before time expired.

The results: my buddy ‘Nucci broke us all down with an impressive 12 dogs in 7 minutes. I finished out with 9 during that time coming in a staggeringly low 4th place. You might be asking yourself, “hot dogs, with buns? Those aren’t paleo, are they?” No they’re not. Oh well. One indiscretion won’t kill me. It’ll make my stomach do back flips and cause food comas but in the long run, one meal won’t kill me (although, at hot dog 8, I thought a little differently).

But that night, I jumped right back on the bandwagon. Nothing but water for the rest of the evening. The next morning, a salad for breakfast, you know, to even me out. The point is a moment of weakness won’t derail your fitness goals. I won’t ever say that 9 hot dogs is a great way to getting beach body ready but seven minutes of indiscretion over the course of 168 hours of clean eating can’t undo the hard work already put in.

Don’t use this post to eat like crap seven minutes out of everyday. That’s enough time, as I’ve realized, to really do some damage. It’s the occasional treat that makes everything alright. A cookie or brownie here and there won’t kill your efforts, although I’d recommend eating paleo versions of the two. Now, I don’t want to hear about anybody downing an entire cake unless, of course, it’s in competition. In that case; BRING IT ON!

The Euwww Ads

Athletes: Keeping it Real

Angry Republicans

Game Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment