Thursday, September 3, 2009

End of Summer

There’s nothing sadder than Labor Day.  The summer is over and it’s time to start putting our clothes back on.  But there’s a lot to love about Fall.  The veggies are more delicious, the weather isn’t unbearable and my two favorite holidays are on their way (Halloween and Thanksgiving).  We can’t forget that snowboard season is only a couple of weeks away in some places (Boo-yah!).

But, thanks to living in the Northeast, I can avoid being vain altogether and focus on gaining weight again.  With the summer around there was this lingering temptation to keep the six-pack going just to impress the other beach goers (and hikers).  But now, with the calendar pointed towards sweaters and snowboard boots I can get my mind off of the absurd idea of looking sexy and get under some heavy weight again.  It’s time for me to rep it out at 315# and to really pull under the bar with serious weight.  Because of my new schedule I will be able to commit a little bit more time to conditioning in than last year (nobody wants to be winded after a couple runs down a mountain) but I have a real opportunity to hit my goal weight of 230. 

So, despite bikini season being officially over, I look towards the fall and winter with wide-eyed optimism that I can take care of business in the gym and in my kitchen to hit my goals.

Coconut Water

School Lunch

Primal Jambalya

Grilled Lamb Chops

Mango Salad w/ Steak

No comments:

Post a Comment