Thursday, September 24, 2009

FGB4

Every once in a while Crossfit decides to put its pretentious and pompous attitude about most everything aside and decides to do some good. For the fourth straight year affiliates will host Fight Gone Bad (FGBIV) to raise money for worthwhile causes. This year the proceeds will split between Wounded Warrior Project and Athletes For A Cure. The former supports injured soldiers while the latter is a charity for Prostate Cancer Research. Athletes from each affiliate raise money to “sponsor” them and then on Saturday 9/26 those athletes go through the ringer of Fight Gone Bad. I encourage each and every one of you to join the party (and I assure you that it is a party) and donate your time to these worthy causes. If you don’t workout at a Crossfit affiliate you can go to the Affiliate Blog attached to the Main Page to find the gym nearest you.

Except that I’m the hypocrite that won’t be participating or raising funds. I know, I’m a jerk, but one of my buddies from Vermont is visiting and since it’s been close to two years since our last visit N McWill takes priority and that’s a fact. She may want to participate, in which case we’ll take the drive up to Watertown but I don’t want to be held responsible for a bad race (she has a marathon the following weekend).

Anyway, make it up to gym, do the workout, maybe raise a couple bucks (the goal is to break $1 million) and have a good time. I wish that I could be there to root you on.

Equality in Health Care?

Vitamin D For Athletic Performance

Reading the McChrystal Report

Friending Admissions Officers

Preventing ACL Tears in Girls

1 comment: