Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fucking Grey's Anatomy

Do you want to know the only thing that I dislike about Fall. It's pretty simple. TV. More specifically Grey's Anatomy. The show that has captured female hearts nation-wide is back and it makes me want to douse my head in chlorine. What bothers me isn't the lack of working knowledge of medicine in the writers room or the fact that an entire hospital can be impossibly good looking (it's network TV) but that everything is said twice. They are, at all times, doing the repeater ON THEMSELVES. For instance, during an exchange between a patient's mom and Torres, the spicy hispanic surgeon with the caliente demeaner the parent says, and I quote, "We can't sleep, he can't sleep, I can't sleep, (with more spacing and more drama this time) We...Can't...Sleep." Imagine if the rest of the world spoke like this. "I want a cheeseburger, a burger with cheese, a cheese burger." "It's hot out today, hot...today." I'm fairly positive that you would get punched in the face. If I heard anybody do this in real life, and be 100% completely serious I might defacate on something of value.
By writing this I am hoping that you, if forced to watch this garbage like I am (a small price to pay for an entire weekend of Football sans interruptions) it will be impossible not to notice. The annoyance will spread to every husband, boyfriend and son who will actively protest such horrible writing and one or two things will happen. The show will either be improved markedly or it will get cancelled. I enjoy medical dramas as much as the next guy (which is to say not very much but they're tolerable) so to see an entire ensemble cast out of work would be tough, especially since none are all that talented to land a movie deal or another pilot. On the other hand, basketball and hockey season starts soon so Thursdays airwaves could be spent much more wisely.
The point that I'm tryng to make is that we, as men and people who enjoy quality television, can change the course of network programming. Point out the repeater, see if it doesn't get on anybody else's nerves and start the revolution by fighting against bad TV, Bad...TV.

Michael v. Mikhail
Are We Meat Eaters Part 2 Part 1
A Conversation with a Nobel Prize Winner
The Cost of Aging

No comments:

Post a Comment