Monday, August 15, 2011

Back Again

Well, it happened again. Another back tweak. This one isn't nearly as bad. It came, of course, from being lazy and unfocused in the bottom of a squat. Also, because I over extend at the bottom of my squat. The plan, at least for this week, is to do some pre-hab, some rehab and some really light weight range of motion type stuff. Like Snatches, lots of Snatches and Clean and Jerks. Maybe from the blocks. But light. Nothing forced and nothing with any injury risk. There will be lots of mobility work to help correct what I've been doing wrong this whole time. Not that anybody really cares, but I'll be giving updates on how I've been getting back to healthy.

Squats - worked up to 325#. I was supposed to do sets of 4, instead I got 2, decided that my back did not like this and stopped.
Snatch - triples at 90kg. Again, was supposed to go higher but my back said, "no mas."

Lacrosse ball(s) to lower back, staying in neutral hip alignment and entering my pain cave. "Slide."
Mashed on the psoas with the lacrosse ball and a Kettlebell. Very effective.
Used the GHD to decompress the spine a little bit.

Tomorrow, who knows what I'll do.


No comments:

Post a Comment