Saturday, August 27, 2011

Challenge Day #3

Find a Mentor

This seems like it might have been a hard one, but given a little bit of thought with my value system (see day #1), it just makes sense to have my mom as a mentor. She was a CFO at CitiGroup and is now the CFO at Trinity Wall Street. She knows the rewards for hard work but also made time to to be a great mom, daughter, sister and spouse. With that said, I plan on asking her for advice. Financial, educational (she went to Kellogg aka. Northwestern for her MBA) and how to balance it all. She did not grow up with a lot of money and for her to have gotten as far as she has, from a small midwestern town to the top of the financial pyramid is a pretty amazing thing.

There is one other person with whom I'd like to converse. And that would be Mr. Granucci. He is, from what I can tell, a wonderful husband and has a silent strength about him. He is confident without being boastful and has a way of assuring people that everything will turn out alright even in the worst of times. Luckily, I am having dinner with him, his wife and one of his sons and his girlfriend tonight (lasagna, yum). I will use this time to try to get to know him better and learn how to stand up for yourself even when the odds are against you. It's a great, manly trait to have.

I heard this song on the radio coming home from work. I haven't thought about this band in a long time. They used to be more punk-dance. But if this single is any indication for their new stuff it sounds more dance oriented. Still, legit. On a scale of take it or leave it, I'd more take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment