Friday, August 26, 2011

Challenge Day #2

Shine Your Shoes

People notice shoes. They may not stare at them but shoes do get noticed. Nasty, scuffed shoes can break an outfit. Nice suit, pressed shirt, nice tie, scuffed shoes. One of these things does not belong. I believe that this challenge is about the details. Details matter and it's important to take care of them.
Steps:
1. Buy shoes polish - roughly $5 a tin.
2. Brush shoes of any dirt that might be lingering around
3. Cut up old t-shirt to make rags.
4. Polish to a high gloss.
5. Let sit.


I managed to get one in before work. It's my nicest pair of shoes. I don't wear them that often but I've got a wedding to go to coming up in October. Have to look nice for the folks in Kansas City.


PS. Whitney Houston covers this. It's when she was throwing gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment