Monday, July 27, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Eat if I Want To

I’m exactly one year away from being a quarter of a century old.  You are correct, it is my birthday.  Birthdays aren’t that special, really.  At least, I’ve never thought they were.  Everything about them is a coincidence.  By celebrating your birthday you are telling the world that approximately 37 weeks before this date, however many years ago, I was conceived.  They procreated and it worked.  Today is no more or less special than yesterday or tomorrow except that today I eat ice cream cake.  I have been fairly good about my eating lately with admittedly a couple of slips here and there when situations arose that did not lend itself to strict adherence to the rules, but always, when possible, making the correct decisions. 

But today, I’m eating ice cream cake.  I’ve had a couple of blondies that were made for me by work buddies and I’m ok with this.  It’s impossible to just go full force paleo all the time.  You will burn yourself out.  Besides, if you can stick to it, 95% of the time, you’re doing something right and better than most of the population.  Then again, to quote Howard Stern, with the “pussification of America” you’d better be better than most of the population.

The people below eat paleo


No comments:

Post a Comment