Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Business Trip

Right now, I'm at the airport. I'm headed down to Norfolk, VA (but first, Charlotte for an hour). Pepsi wants me to visit my facility, learn from the warehouse folks and to see how the drivers like their trucks loaded (which side do they want 2 liters on versus 20 oz and what do we do with all of those gatorades?).
While, this is good for me and makes business sense, I can't help but think what this is going to do for my workouts and training. I didn't bother to bring my shoes or to call ahead to any crossfit or olympic lifting gyms. I'm going to make-do with what the Courtyard Marriott gods have bestowed upon me. The website says that they have free weights. We'll see. Worst case scenario I can do some stuff in my hotel room.
But what about my actual training. The whole "getting stronger" thing. Sure, I can do conditioning without equipment, but gaining, or even maintaining strength will be tough. Well, here's my idea. I'm going to double up on this week. It was a 4-day training week anyhow. Here's how it would look uninterrupted: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri and below is how I'm going to do my workouts:
Mon, Tues, Thurs (on Saturday when I'm home)
Tues (on Thurs), Thurs (on Fri) and Friday (on Saturday).
This could end up being a good solution. I could use a week or two of taking it easier. In the meantime I'll figure out what I can/cannot do at the hotel gym and get my mobility on.

No comments:

Post a Comment