Saturday, January 22, 2011

M is for Mobility

One of my big projects for 2011 (and beyond) is to become more mobile, more supple, more awesome. More specifically, since I partake in the occasional Olympic Weightlifting Meet is to improve all of the positions that a lifter must force himself into. This should, in theory, create a more powerful athlete while at the same time significantly reducing the risk of injury. It's easy to get strong but maintaining mobility, especially as I get older and it become much more important, is where the cash-money is at (yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition, so so me).
Thanks in large part to Kelly Starrett's Mobility Project and to Greg Everett's efforts to really focus on warm-up's the utilize positions this should be a cinch, and really just up to me to get it done and make it just as important to my training as squats.
Barbell Warm Up Series from Catalyst Athletics
These are my names for the stretches on Mobility WOD. If you want to know more about them, just ask in the comments:
Super Frog
Feet on Walls
Psoas with Fulcram on Pole
Thoracic Stuff with Foam Roller and Balls
Calves
Couch Stretch
Sotts Presses
Balls on Hips and Glutes
and of course....
The Squat Test
and of course

No comments:

Post a Comment