Friday, January 21, 2011

Rich Man, Poor Man... Thoughts

Rich Man, Poor Man
An astute observation in the above piece. People in generally poorer areas have a better time working together. Very interesting. I wonder if the author's conclusion that rich people can use their credit cards to solve their problems is the whole answer. My guess is that it's not. I wonder if it has to do with video games vs. team sports. Little League and Rec-League Hockey teach kids to work well with each other. As do games of pick-up basketball which, after the cost of shoes and a ball, are free. Whereas Halo and Call of Duty, while entertaining and expensive, are solitary activities. Just random thoughts. Maybe I'm biased because I played in youth sports but feel that the experience of working towards a common goal (the biggest trophy) really has a major factor on the ability to work well with others during school and in the work force.

No comments:

Post a Comment