Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Week

Training today, overall, went really well.  Mostly because it was some sort of an easier day than I've been having in the past week or so.  Power Snatches at 80%, Power Clean and Jerks at 80%, core work, not too bad.  Afterwards I did do OHSx30 @135# in 2:01.  That felt good to get a little metcon in, even if it was just a little.  

Currently, I'm waiting for my chicken and asparagus to cook through.  Since I've been designated in charge of the kitchen this week, Carlee and I have been eating paleo, even if she doesn't know it.  I'm sneaky like that.  

Work, however, was a bitch.  It's the same old crap day in and day out and it's getting a little old.  Not going to lie.  It's hard enough staying awake as it is, but this week, we got a whole lot of numbers "moving in."  Which means, simply, that parts that were not supposed to be due instantly became due.  This does two things: 1) it makes me look bad and 2) it means that I'm going to have to hear it from all angles... my boss, his boss, our customer, our vendors...  Eff!!!  But whatever, there's little that I can do except get my "hot" parts in and keep production moving.  

Just because I love you guys here's what I'm cooking:
Chicken, smothered in olive oil, almonds, garlic and lemon juice - Sauteed
Asparagus - sauteed as well
Salad with Olive oil and lemon juice dressing (it ties the meal together, giving it cohesiveness) with almonds (cohesiveness again) and raw craisins.  
The chicken is a little bit of an experiment but oh well if it doesn't turn out.

For extra motivation, one of my favorite pictures...









No comments:

Post a Comment