Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

UGH.  It's this stupid holiday again.  A day forced down our throats by Hallmark and Kay Jewelers.  The most ridiculous reason to spend money.  My fiancee love me and knows that I love her, end of story.  Why do I have to get her a teddy bear or some chocolates that she won't eat to prove it?  Shouldn't I be involved and thinking about her everyday rather than try to make up for a year of neglect in one day?  That being said, I ran to CVS today after my workout and grabbed what was left from the shelves (a card and some "word hearts."  Hopefully that will be enough.

On to more important matters, such as today's workout.  After a solid rest day filled with burgers and ice cream and sweet potato fries I felt good and strong.  96% of both of my lifts (225 and 280) went up relatively easily.  Post heavy, was 100 doubleunders just because it seemed like a good idea before I got to about the 20 jump mark.  It was pretty tough.

Anyway, give your loved ones a hug and a kiss, tell them how much they mean to you.  It's a day to show off your "baby girl" and to shower him/her in unneccessary gifts, but most importantly is the fact that you have somebody to share the day, the week, the year, maybe even the rest of your life with.  Tell them how they make you feel, but I sure hope you told them that yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment