Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ramblings

Yesterday was a not so good day at the gym.  There was not enough time, I felt weak, I couldn't help but think about pancakes.... the usual.  I've been following the workouts from Mike Burgener who is one of the best oly lifting coaches in the country.  He's very enthusiastic and very smart.  Back to my point.  I hit my goal of 94% (218#'s) not too bad, however on the work going back down I missed two out of the next four lifts at 88% (205#'s).  77% went fine, but missing at 88 is nothing short of annoying.  Then, to further problems I had no time for the Clean and Jerk because of the pancakes I was talking about.  I did get to work on the technique of two of my favorite workout buddies Pam and Marianne who were more than receptive of coaching in between lift attempts.  That was nice.

Carlee's out on a run right now with TNT, a group that helps raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.  We've been working together to get letters out and CD's mailed to people who have donated money.  Also we approached a couple of local businesses for sponsorship for her race.  Her goal is to raise $1,700 for the LLS by May 24, the Vermont City Marathon.  

Since this post has no rhyme or reason I thought that I would let you all know that the Crossfit Games Qualifier is in Albany, NY and should bring out some great competition.  Getting to the games is going to be tough but that's the point.  That's why I train to get strong: because I like to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment