Monday, February 23, 2009

A Long Time Comin'...

Wow.  It's been a long time since I've posted last.  Things have been going well.  I'm still lifting heavy, working on some things, even doing a metcon here and there.  I've discovered that getting strong is pretty hard work.  I have to lift heavy, day in and day out, focusing on strength, technique, speed and very importantly food.  All but the latter has been easy for me to do.  I enjoy picking things up off of the ground.  I even went to Brooklyn on Sunday to work on my snatch technique, but also to see some of my buddies.  The food part though, just this weekend became increasingly difficult...  My fiancee up and decided to become a vegan.  That's right, I'm marrying a vegan.  How could this have happened?  What planets aligned to cause such a catastrophe?  Luckily, she doesn't do any of the cooking, so this won't be too bad.  I don't think.  For instance, I was able to stay on my paleo kick (minus my moo juice, of course) with Beef stew, but also could please her with some veggies with edamame's for protein.  She's looking to qualify for the Boston marathon and I'll be damned if I'm going to let her carb load and not get enough protein in her diet, even if it's of lesser quality, it will be there.  You may think that I'm being a jerk by judging on her eating habits and force feeding her protein, but here's the deal; I know how much qualifying for Boston means to her and I only want her to be happy.  She is running for the LLS and she would feel awful if her times were not of her best quality.  If this works out of the best, then I will take back every word.  If her times to continue to improve, I won't say a thing about meat and the lack of animal protein in her diet, but if she should slip from an 8:09 mile to somewhere in the 8:30's then I will be forced to passive aggressively place Paleo articles around the house for her to read.

The lesson: Girls, don't go vegan, especially if your boyfriend, husband, brother, roommate is a red blooded male who eats a lot of meat, it'll torture him, especially if he should care for your athletic performance.  There are other ways to get the carcinogen's out of your diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment