Saturday, January 30, 2010

1/30/2010

Today was a very long day at the gym. Gary Valentine came by for a terrific seminar and taught us learning progressions to the Snatch and Clean and Jerk. He is the 2003 World Masters Champion at 105kg. Wicked strong. He a had a camera and a TV that could play back in slow motion. It was nice to see what I do well, what I do not so well and what I certainly could use a lot more work on. I learned some new drills and to not be afraid to really dive under that bar. He teaches at Sacred Heart and is excellent at communicating his ideas and breaking these very technical lifts into bite size chunks that are easily digestible. I had a great time, but my legs are fried and it's only nine and I feel like I might pass out here on the couch.

Carlee and I did go to a tasting over at our Reception Site. We got some food, got some cards from vendors and got to see what the place looks like when it's not so nice outside. We met a lady who does cakes. Unfortunately they don't look like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment