Friday, May 22, 2009

Big Weekend

This is a pretty big weekend.  First off, my aunt's getting married.  That's nice, it's in Kansas City, won't be going, have bigger plans.  Here come the two important notes.  Northeast Qualifier and Marathon.  I'm doing the former, Carlee's doing the latter.  
I leave today for what could end up being a grueling test of physical strength and stamina as well as mental fortitude.  I have my strategy(ies) and hopefully this puts me in the running to be on the podium and get a crack at the games in Aromas this summer.  There's nothing that I can do at this point to prepare except to eat right, try and sleep and pick up some compression shorts (i don't want to lose any more pairs of underwear due to tears from squatting and DLing).  The goal, of course is to kick so much ass that I don't have to do the Sunday WOD's.  How awesome would that be to accumulate so many points that it was unneccesary to compete on Sunday.  That's the goal though, probably won't happen.
Carlee has her race on Sunday, which is also another reason that I want to just compete and get it over with (maybe Jason will let me do Sunday's WOD at night any how).  She's been training all year for this and has raised over $3,000 for the LLS.  I know that she'll do a great job and hope that she qualifies for Boston like she had hoped to, even through the injuries that have plagued her training.
It's going to be an exciting weekend and I hope to meet lots of people up in Albany.  The CF community is one of the best and these gatherings really show what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment