Friday, May 15, 2009

Suck Me Sideways

I thought up this great workout.  It's quick and painful, it's heavy and it involved fun, new moves.  
3 rounds
5 Squat Clean & Jerk (185#)
10 Flying Pullups
6:42
On the other hand, I've got this flap of skin hanging from the base of my ring finger that starts literally in the middle of my hand.  This is probably the worst time for this to happen.  Here's the scenario that I see playing out:
  • This seriously hampers any quality training that I could have gotten over the course of next week
  • I can't go full bore on the announced WOD's so that I have an idea of what to expect on Saturday
  • My hand just barely heals in time for May 23
  • During the 1st workout with pullups it rips because it's not calloused enough and I get completely screwed and have no chance of winning.
Yup, that's how my pessimistic mind is working right now, can you tell that I'm getting a little bit nervous.  Then again, I was pretty responsible and got this bandaged and "neosporined" pretty quickly so I got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment