Thursday, May 28, 2009

Get Back At It

It feels so good to strap those shoes back on and tear that weight off the floor again.  Those two weeks of training for the CFNEQ’s really took me out of my rhythm.  The afterward soreness of the “unfamiliar” movements done at high intensity really put me in my place, literally, but getting under the bar on Tuesday, with sore, tired legs put me back in the zone.  The two weeks I “took off” from Mike Burgener’s programming was almost like a training vacation.  That type of training is a nice place to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there.  I think though that my “vacation” helped me refocus.  Granted, it’s only been a couple of days, but I have been hitting the WOD’s hard and not half-assing them.  I’ve made a pact with myself to not underachieve from this point going forward and to take this Oly-lifting ride as far as it can take me.  I’m not sure how strong I can get, I’m sure I won’t ever be an Olympian or National level athlete but I can keep progressing.  That visit to Crossfit Land helped me get back to why I decided to put my efforts into strength.  It’s something that I enjoy.  Tossing heavy shit in the air and dropping my ass underneath is a thrill and I get to do it everyday.  I enjoyed my Crossfit vacation but I’m back home in the land of wooden heeled shoes, ATA squats and shoulder girdle flexibility and it’s nice to be back.  Home Sweet Home.

In other news; my buddy has started a business venture.  His goal is to team up trainers and people who want to get in shape, whether it is the previously sedentary or those looking to get ready for training camp.  If you are a trainer looking for clients or are looking for a trainer yourself please visit his website.  This could be a great opportunity to create clientele revenue in your gyms.  All details are available on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment