Sunday, May 31, 2009

Missed Opportunity

Today is the last chance video qualifier for the Crossfit Games.  The workouts are ones that I feel are up my alley, but I'm not going to do them.  My best shot came and went at Albany last weekend.  I'm ok with this.  I've come to grips with being not the best, and besides we all know that Josh Everett's going to win anyway.  I am excited to see who comes out of the video entrants.  It seems to me that it's a great way of including troops or the voluntary organizers of the regional qualifiers like James "OPT" Fitzgerald.  Besides, I'm focused on breaking the 250# barrier for the Snatch and I physically can't do both.

Diet Experiment:
Alternating weeks between T-Nation Mass Gain and Paleo Diet Mass Gain for the month of June I hope to put on about 5-10 pounds of muscle while not adding any body fat.  I'm still doing research for the paleo mass gain but the T-Nation diet consists of roughly 400g of protein daily with 150g of carbs and fat.  We're looking at 3,550 calories daily.  It'll be a good experiment.  Hopefully this adds on more than just weight but strength to go along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment