Friday, May 8, 2009

Taper

It's time to come down from my strength binge.  I've been doing nothing but strength for the past year.  It's been great.  It's helped me put on 10-15 pounds and increase my snatch from 165 to 232.  Pretty good I'd say, but now, two weeks away from the qualifiers, I've got to trim up a little bit and get my body used to doing some more frequent metcon work.  
The plan is as follows:
Kick ass everyday next week.  Bust out some metcons, mix it up, heavy, light, long, short and work my way into "fighting shape."  It starts with a Painstorm on Saturday and maybe some sprint work afterward or on Sunday.  I'll do the CF Football WOD's everyday this week and on their rest days get in something from the mainsite.  The point is to work on things that I'm in serious need of some work: running, burpees, double unders and of course thrusters.  In fact, I've thought of a great WOD that I could do involving all of these.
Run 400m (maybe 800?)
21-15-9
Thrusters
Double Unders
Burpees
Run 400m (maybe 800?)

Today's WOD:
CFFB Total
Power Clean - 255#
Back Squat - 315#
Bench - 225#
Dead Lift - 405#
Disappointed in the bench press and dead lift.  The dead lift was just a weak showing and I know that on any other day I crush that weight by minimum 90 pounds.  The bench press, however I suck at.  I feel strong enough to get at least 245 off of my chest but I just can't do it.  It's a weakness that I acknowledge but haven't done a single thing to improve.  That'll happen and I just hope that there's no benching in the qualifiers and if I'm lucky enough to make them, the games.  

No comments:

Post a Comment