Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Still Got It?

Throwing this out there: Ugh!  It's been a year since my last serious attempts at metcons and there have been some glitches.  Let me get this out of the way; Fuck you Burpees and a big ol' middle finger to running, that's right coming home hill, I'm looking at you.  But getting back into it has felt good.  I wouldn't say that I'd replace O-Lifting year round for the likes of a CFFootball or regular CF program, but I might like taking a month out of my lifting calendar to sweat off the man-boobs.  
So far the change in training schedule has been pretty good.  Monday was rough, Tuesday, also rough, mostly because of Monday, but today felt really good.  I've been doing the two-a-days.  WOD 1 at 4:30 and WOD 2 at 5:45.  
Today's WOD's
3rounds
10 Chest-to-Bar Pullups
10 Front Squats @ 165#
10 Burpees
6:53
Strangely, the front squats were the hard part for me.  Really?  I can handle 315# but I have a pretty hard time with 10 at 165#?  Whatever.  (Thanks Welbourn, 50 135# Thrusters probably really helped out on these).  
WOD #2
2 hurdle hops (30")
10 pushups
2 hurdle hops (30")
9 pushups
and cycle down to 1 pushup
2:22
Pushups are another one of my weaknesses and doing 55 actually taxed me.  Not good.  Maybe tomorrow will be better, but we'll see.  I guess it depends what I do.  
BTW, if any of the people in charge of the Northeast Qualifier are reading this may I recommend an o-lifting competition as one of the WOD's and NO RUNNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment