Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Active Recovery

Just what I need.  There's a mini competition this Saturday at the PowerBarn.  Two lifts, Snatch and Clean and Jerk, highest weight within your weight class wins.  I have semi high hopes.  While I don't expect to have any PR's (although that'd be nice) I do want to win.  I won't taper down, that doesn't make sense, especially since this really just a strength litmus test towards the Crossfit Games qualifier.  
Nothing lifted today was over 80% of my power max.  There was a little bit extra core work but heavy weights were pushed to the side.  While frusterating to look over at other people squatting 400+ pounds and DLing around 600, stuck at snatching and OHS 175, knowing that you feel good to do better, it is VERY important to keep it all in perspective and be smart about the long term goals.
Anyway...  Today felt good, and while annoying, was a good thing for me to do.  That's the long and short of it.  I just wish I hadn't had two bowls of ice cream after dinner.  Probably not the best idea, but whatever, it's junior mint.  Like Kramer says, "it's refreshing."

Also, I couldn't be more proud of these women if they were lifting heavy.  It's never too late to find your inner athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment