Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A job well Done, A Break Week Earned

I couldn't be happier with how Saturday went.  Well, maybe with my own numbers (205, 265), but everybody there did such a great job hitting so many PR's that I believe that it was a great event to hold.  I hope that the Power Barn and Crossfit Watertown get back together again soon.  
In training news, this week is something of a "Cool Down" Week.  So far, there haven't been many heavy lifts.  Today, for instance, 5 triples of front squats at 245, 5 triples of back squats at 275 and 5x5 push press which I took a little bit lighter (155) than I normally would.  Because lifting has been on the lighter side, it allows me to do things that I normally wouldn't.  For instance, bench press yesterday or an especially brutal metcon today.  
Overall, not too much to report except that I'm feeling good, eating fine and still not getting enough sleep.  Job security is minimal (I just love being a contract employee) and I'm not too sure that I'm that upset about it.  
Because I love you guys (girls??? anybody???) here's a nice article on how to incorporate the Olympic lifts with Crossfit

No comments:

Post a Comment