Friday, March 13, 2009

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend

That's right, it's Friday.  Boom-shaka-laka!  Here come two straight days of no Sikorsky Aircraft, no Joe "I want the parts in my hand" Gagliano and no Jim "I'm going to take credit for all of your hard work and hold this green badge over you" Spataj and no talking to my good buddy Mike from TIG up in Berlin, CT.  This week has been something of a crapper at work.  SAC keeps messing things up and it becomes up to me to sweep up the mess.  I'm ok with this when it happens once in a while.  That's basically why I was hired anyway, but it was to clean up the vendors messes, not Sikorsky's.  My work day has no started to revolve around getting people in my own company to get off their asses and actually do work, which is funny, because I'm a contract employee who, literally, has no authority over anybody in the company.  
Today is also a rest day, but I'm about as sharp as a marble and decided not to rest, despite the mountains of evidence suggesting that recovery is as important as the actual work put in at the gym.  Oh well, I'll eat a lot this weekend and hopefully will catch up that way.  "Jackie" was the workout of choice at the Power Barn.  1000meter row, followed by 50 thrusters and 30 pullups.  Not my personal favorite, but a doozy that left me a little bit on the light headed side.  I'll probably regret that tomorrow, whatever that workout ends up being.
In personal news, I'm heading to see my parents on Saturday.  This would be a great weekend if not for the fact that I'm going to do taxes with my mom.  My brother, however, is coming home from KU today with his girlfriend Rachel so that's exciting.  I think my fiancee and her will get along really well and probably make fun of the two of us as we watch the Mets spring training games and discuss, at length, the merits of letting Endy Chavez go, Luis Castillo's spot in the batting order and the prospects for the fifth starter roll.  IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT!!!

HAPPY LIFTING AND A HAPPY WEEKEND

No comments:

Post a Comment